View topic - Tyne Valley Motorcycle Club Show 3 August 2014

Tyne Valley Motorcycle Club Show 3 August 2014

This forum is for news and information regarding the North East branch and it's events.

Postby Cafe Crawler » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:31 am

Clap
Tyne Valley Motorcycle Club Show will be held on the village green at Stamfordham, Northumberland on 3 August 2014.  Fingers crossed that the weather and turnout is as good as it was last year!

Myself and Guzzi Gadgie will most likely attend, so why not get yourself out of your pit and join us!
Paul
Newcastle
V7 Cafe Classic
Cafe Crawler
MGCGB Member

Postby Geordie54 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:40 pm

I turned up at about 3.00pm and the place was virtually deserted, just three or four bikes packing up to leave. What happened?
Geordie54
Non MGCGB Members

Postby Cafe Crawler » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:02 am

I think the weather may have put people off.  It's a shame as it was really well attended last year.  I'm going to join in on one of their Sunday runs, so keep an eye on their website.
Paul
Newcastle
V7 Cafe Classic
Cafe Crawler
MGCGB Member

Postby Anonymous » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:19 pm

I turned up slightly earlier (White V7). I had a nice chat and am also looking to go on the August Ride outs.
Anonymous

Postby Cafe Crawler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:14 am

Where are you based, perhaps we could ride over to the meeting place, Corbridge I think.

Ian - are you up for this?
Paul
Newcastle
V7 Cafe Classic
Cafe Crawler
MGCGB Member

Postby Anonymous » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:29 pm

[QUOTE=Café Crawler]Where are you based, perhaps we could ride over to the meeting place, Corbridge I think.

Ian - are you up for this?
[/QUOTE]

If you mean me I'm in Cullercoats.

I may be able to do the last two ride outs in August & September if I'm not tempting fate.
Anonymous

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:13 pm

After waiting for Cafe Crawler, I had a ride to Stamfordham by myself. It was a good turn out, with people coming and going all the time. There was one other Guzzi there (see pics) who was concerned about the cracking of the silvered finish around the filler cap on his petrol tank, after talking to a Guzzi dealer (Jim Allan) at the Edinburgh Show yesterday (Sat) it would seem that it is a common fault. The prize giving was sooner this year and was over by 12.30. I left about 13.00 with 3 lads I know, 2 Nortons and one Thruxton and we went to the Red Row show near Druridge. It was like riding in the 60's following these Cafe Racers. I met two NE members at the Red Row show who were on their 65 but were going to Teasdales at Thirsk the next day to pick up their new V7 Stone.  The rain never happened and it was a great day.

Will put the Red Row pics in another post.

Ian

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:41 pm

A few pics from the Red Row show. It's free entry if you take your bike and the public are not allowed in cordoned off area, it was quite a squeeze getting in as there was a lot of bikes.  The pics were taken near the end of the show. In the middle of the first pic there is a John Player Norton, it was taken to the IOM, raced and sold to some one from Ireland who put it away. It was stored for some 30yrs till it was purchased and recently put on the road. We were told it had only done about 1800 mls.

John Player Norton

Ian

Return to North East Branch