View topic - Distinguished Gentlemen Ride, Newcastle 28 Sept

Distinguished Gentlemen Ride, Newcastle 28 Sept

This forum is for news and information regarding the North East branch and it's events.

Postby Cafe Crawler » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Dear old chums!

On Sunday the 28th of September, I am going to press my cravat, polish my brogues and motor along in the 2014 Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride to help find a cure for prostate cancer.  Why? Because over 1,300 men a day die of prostate cancer worldwide. And that’s just not cricket. Your donation will help The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride reach its goal of $US1 million to fund research into a cure for a disease that claims far too many gentlemen each and every year.

So be a sport and sponsor my ride — TA ever so much!

PS – it’d be just spiffing if you were to spread the good word...

Paul
Newcastle
V7 Cafe Classic
Cafe Crawler
MGCGB Member

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:14 am

Where and what time does the ride start,and what is the route?
I cant find any info on the website.

Postby Cafe Crawler » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:25 am

You'll need to register your interest with DGR and the schedule will be published nearer the time, although, I think the meeting point is Triumph Newcastle.  The gig's being coordinated by the branch manager of Triumph Newcastle and inspite of the offer of copious ammounts of beer, he wouldn't divulge the plan!

Get suited and booted and join in the ride!LOL
Paul
Newcastle
V7 Cafe Classic
Cafe Crawler
MGCGB Member

Postby Cafe Crawler » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Good morning all gentlefolk, and apologies for the mass email and this shameless attempt to extract money from you, although for a very good cause.

Let’s be straight here.  Globally more men are affected by prostate cancer than women are by breast cancer.  Each year, one in nine men develop prostate cancer, and close to 500,000 men will die from the disease.

At The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride (DGR), we ride for a purpose.  Our focus is on gentlemen who are dealt a tough hand in life. In particular, we raise funds for research into prostate cancer as part of our mission to support men’s health.

Ride Details and route map can be found at: http://www.gentlemansride.com/about/ride/Newcastle-uk

Start Time & Place: 10.00am Triumph North East - 3 Dinsdale Place, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE2 1BD, finishing on Newcastle Quayside, (millenium bridge) NE1 3DU

With your support, DGR is aiming to raise $1 Million USD this year to assist in finding a cure for a disease that kills 1300 men a day worldwide.

We’d be extremely grateful for anything you could give us, so just follow this link and sponsor my ride — thank you ever so much!

Toodley pip!

Paul J Andrew

Paul
Newcastle
V7 Cafe Classic
Cafe Crawler
MGCGB Member

Return to North East Branch