View topic - Red Kite 3...Latest May 2018

Red Kite 3...Latest May 2018

Announcements of forthcoming Guzzi related rallies and events. Keep to topic only.

Red Kite 3...Latest May 2018

Postby Powys Paul » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:34 pm

This year's Red Kite will be at Clyro Court on the Powys/Herefordshire borders from 7th-9th September 2018.Whoo hoo!
The previous Red Kite event was highly amusing,friendly,creative,interactive and provided useful feedback- which resulted in a shed load of ideas to try out this year!So,thanks to all concerned.You make it what it is!
Advance ticket booking would be helpful and avoid last year's last minute scrabbling.Plus,it will give more time to focus on arranging the activities and some of the detail that folk said aided their enjoyment.
Arrival times are from 10am onwards on Friday 7th to departure at 4pm on Sunday the 9th of September.But,if you prefer to arrive earlier, you can book tents before the event-or indeed,stay on after- for only £6.00p.p. a night.
Ticket prices remain the same as the last 2 Red Kites at £18 for Guzzi club members and £20 for invited friends.Ideally,ask your friends to join the club or give them membership as a birthday present?Young people(Under17s)will be free this year,but,parents/guardians will need to apply for a ticket for each child via the RK3 application forms.
The weekend is coming together nicely so far and we are pleased to say there will be a new and unusual 'live' act on Saturday.Then there's the prize motorcycle races- as well as the new slow-bike racing event.(Breva Al's idea)This makes for an interesting time...Oh,mustn't forget the prize duck race and aeroplane display too!(Jasper's ideas)More to come folks...Can't wait for September.Hopefully,anticipation isn't everything?
This year we are doing our best with your help to make RK3 a tad bigger,brighter,entertaining,engaging,friendly,bike-related and suitable for old,young and the hard-to-pleasers too.No pressure whatsoever like...
On a different note,participants at RK2 (last September) raised £100 for a local young peoples Eisteddfod/Festival (With a cup and placard stating that the Moto Guzzi Red kite event had sponsored the Year 6 folk dancing competition!)We also raised £416.00 for Air Ambulance with various lively activities over the week-end.This year we have a speaker on the Friday night to do a presentation about the work that goes on within the Air ambulance rescue service followed by a 'first night' rather silly raffle,pussy cat quiz and later some background music-as well as the poetry spots- obviously!
STOP PRESS :RK3 There are now 29 tickets left at the time of typing.So,when they are gone-they are gone.No entry to non-ticket holders unless by prior arrangement.Ie:Local members who want to come up for the day.
Updates/application forms,latest news re RK3 will be provided on the Guzzi forum,facebook page,Borders and mid Wales & South Wales branch news in Gambalunga and,hopefully,word of mouth!Tickets are likely to be had at the Borders& mid Wales and south Wales monthly meets too.See John D or Martin V.
N.B. For newcomers:Red Kite lays somewhere between a camp/rally/festival with unlimited possibilities of being something else and with your presence- loads of FUN ;) 
Cheers,
The Red Kite 3 team
Last edited by Powys Paul on Thu May 17, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Powys Paul

Re: Red Kite 3...

Postby guykate » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:46 pm

And hopefully we will have moved by then so wont miss it....x
guykate
MGCGB Member

Postby guzzibrat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Great stuff Paul.
It will be first on the list at the planning meeting!
I'll add it to the events list and FB too.
All the best
Steve
Public Relations Officer MGCGB
Tolerant of fools. Not so with people who lack manners.
guzzibrat
MGCGB Member

Postby Powys Paul » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:28 pm

guykate wrote:And hopefully we will have moved by then so wont miss it....x

It was'nt the same without you two on the Saturday night...We did manage to soldier on...but, feel sure you can crank it up to 11 next year?!(No pressure like...) ;) 
Powys Paul

Postby Powys Paul » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:35 pm

guzzibrat wrote:Great stuff Paul.
All the best
Steve

...And get a bloomin ticket early on so you can add some of your zest to the week-end hey?Everybody brings something to the party! :roll:
Powys Paul

Postby guzzibrat » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Powys Paul wrote:Everybody brings something to the party! :roll:

I've read about parties like that. Mainly in News of the World! ;)
Great to catch up at the weekend
Steve
Public Relations Officer MGCGB
Tolerant of fools. Not so with people who lack manners.
guzzibrat
MGCGB Member

Postby v7john » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Red Kite III tickets are on sale now! The discounted early-bird prices are available until the Clocks forward Camp next March. Here's this year's flyer and booking form.
1972 V7Sport.
1972 V7 700 ex Vigili del Fuoco?

Follow my blog at http://www.racingrhino.wordpress.com
v7john
MGCGB Member

Postby Mike H » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Long story short - I was booked into Baskerville hall for end of May 2018 but the group I was going with decided at the last minute to use somewhere else instead - non-refundable deposit, however, was able to move the dates, so I can do 7 - 8 Sept albeit I'll be slumming it in the hotel. :D

-
"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
MGCGB Member

Postby Powys Paul » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Mike H wrote:Long story short - I was booked into Baskerville hall for end of May 2018 but the group I was going with decided at the last minute to use somewhere else instead - non-refundable deposit, however, was able to move the dates, so I can do 7 - 8 Sept albeit I'll be slumming it in the hotel. :D

-
Glad you can make it Mike.Please give your ticket number to the hotel to avoid confusion!The early bird tickets are £3 cheaper at the moment.You will have a great time!Cheers for now,
The Red Kite 3 team
P.S TRY TO GET A ROOM THAT IS NOT ABOVE THE CLUB ROOM- as one of our local members found that the music on Saturday night kept him awake!
Powys Paul

Postby Mike H » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Is there going to be a booking form in Gambalunga?
"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
MGCGB Member

Postby v7john » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Mike H wrote:Is there going to be a booking form in Gambalunga?

You mean there's not? I sent a full page colour ad with booking form to the editor in the first half of December. I haven't got my Jan/Feb Gambalunga yet.
1972 V7Sport.

v7john
MGCGB Member

Postby v7john » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Here's what was meant to go in Gambalunga

If it doesn't go in till next time there won't be much notice for early bird cheap tickets.
1972 V7Sport.

v7john
MGCGB Member

Postby Mike H » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:58 pm

v7john wrote:
Mike H wrote:Is there going to be a booking form in Gambalunga?

You mean there's not? I sent a full page colour ad with booking form to the editor in the first half of December. I haven't got my Jan/Feb Gambalunga yet.

Just received mine, and no there isn't.

Can't print a computer file one.

Well I could if I buy new cartridges (nearly £100 for both) for the inkjet except I hardly use it which is why they keep drying out. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth getting a laser printer, bearing in mind I've got so used to not printing stuff.

-
Mike H
MGCGB Member

Postby v7john » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Gambalunga still hasn't reached this remote outpost in the colonies yet.

If you can't print a form out it's not the end of the world. Send me a note with the details I would need to complete a form for you. So for members - Name, address, email or phone and membership number with bike/vehicle details. If you're buying tickets for guests or children then let me know who they're coming with.

Inkjet printers that don't get used regularly always dry up. In the past I've found it cheaper to take a file on a memory stick to a print shop than to sort a difficult printer but, for this just write me a note.
1972 V7Sport.

v7john
MGCGB Member

Postby Mike H » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:52 pm

That's an interesting thought.

Thanks John will post you something soon. :D

-
Mike H
MGCGB Member

Postby ranton_rambler » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Got my ticket yesterday - quick turnround from John D.
850GT
SP1000
Ducati 175TS
ranton_rambler
MGCGB Member

Postby Powys Paul » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:40 pm

guzzibrat wrote:Great stuff Paul.
All the best
Steve

Hi Steve,Ta for update on early bird tickets.Would you be so kind as to amend figures in opening page of EVENTS again.Ie:Clocks is over and 45 tickets left=two thirds sold-NOT 50 PERCENT!
Cheers,
Powys Paul
Nb Slow is fine.The main thing is doing things and developing ideas to enhance the club hey?
Powys Paul

Return to Guzzi Club Rallies and Events